To build a website you will need both a domain name and web hosting account. Well, we have already written an article on domain introduction that you can read here.
So in this post, we will learn what is web hosting, its types and from where you can it at affordable prices.
So let’s get started step by step:
What is Web Hosting?
According to Wikipedia: A web hosting service is a type of Internet hosting service that allows individuals and organizations to make their website accessible via the World Wide Web.
In simple words, Web Hosting is a home of your website where all the files e.g. images, media, documents, content etc. go online.
In other words, Web hosting is an online service which provides you with a space on the Internet to make your web application and blog online so readers can visit and read and use your services.
Web Hosting Types
Different web hosting companies offer different hosting packages. Most of them are similar and selling mostly, which I have listed below:
- Shared Hosting
- VPS Hosting
- Dedicated Server Hosting
- Cloud Hosting
Let’s discuss these hosting types in details:
1: Shared Hosting
When you are on the first step to start a blog, shared hosting is one common package you will need.
Shared hosting is a common type of hosting which suitable for small business and blogs because it’s the price is as low as to start a new blog.
Bonus Tip: I’ve negotiated with Bluehost and Hostgator to give huge discount shared hosting for my readers. In results, Bluehost offer me a flat 60% discount (no coupon code required) and Hostgator offered flat 60% discount using coupon code HARPREETKUMAR60OFF on their first purchase.
Pros. of Shared Hosting
- Best for beginners to start a blog or online business
- Too easy to handle thus no need coding knowledge to manage
- Lower prices which everyone can easily buy
- You will be provided user-friendly Cpanal. Where you can easily to start a WordPress blog with simple clicks.
Cons. of Shared Hosting
- Not good security level
- Limited resources
- Many times the site may freeze when traffic loads
- Most of the popular hosting providers don’t provide reliable technical support
2: Cloud Web Hosting
Cloud hosting is the next level to shared hosting, in which site speed boosts2× (double). It’s fast because the hardware resources virtually availability. For developing blogs and websites, cloud hosting is the best option to move on.
HarpreetKumar.Com is currently hosted on Hostgator Cloud Hosting. Check out their plans and pricing here.
Pros. of Cloud hosting
- Suitable for growing websites and online business
- Better performance and uptime time than shared hosting plans
- Automatic website backup service included
- Faster speed
Cons. of Cloud hosting
- More costly than shared hosting
- The site may freeze when it comes to the traffic load
- Not the best package for beginner and startups
3: VPS Hosting
The word VPS stands for Virtual Private Server. It is a virtual machine that resides on a server with other virtual machines in which you have your own operating system installation.
As a result, you have much greater control over system configuration and management. You can install programs and applications that are unsupported or not allowed on shared hosting and cloud hosting plans accounts.
Pros. of VPS hosting
- Best package for high-end traffic blogs and websites
- Better performance and speed than Cloud and Shared hosting plans
- 100% control on your hosting management
- Flexibility to upgrade memory and bandwidth anytime
- Advanced security and privacy provided
Cons. of VPS hosting
- Again, not the best option for starting a new website where shared hosting comes at affordable prices.
- You should have mastery in technical knowledge to manage VPS hosting properly
4: Dedicated Hosting
A dedicated server hosting plan means that your website or blog is the only site hosted on the respective server.
A dedicated server is usually needed for a Web site (or that generates traffic in millions daily. For example, Flipkart and Amazon websites using dedicated hosting to handle tons of visits.
Pros. of Dedicated hosting
- Premium security control
- More flexibility in management
- More stable than rest of hosting packages
- The most affordable solution to handle traffic for the biggest brands such as Amazon and Flipkart
Cons. of Dedicated hosting
- The prices are so high in comparison to other hosting plans
- You can’t manage with having technical knowledge
- You are responsible for any problem creates inside your program. Wherever you can fix yourself or hire a technician at higher rates.
So are you clear about hosting types now? So let’s move to our step to learn from where you can buy reliable Web hosting at cheapest prices
From where you buy Web hosting?
Now you are clear about web hosting and types and ready to buy to start a blog ha……? But from where to purchase a good and reliable hosting plan. This question is still not clear.
There a hundreds or thousands of web hosting companies on the Internet and only couples are providing best services.
Most common points you will have to note while buying a hosting are their tech support, 99.99% uptime, unlimited bandwidth etc.
I doing blogging since 2016 and encounter with over 10 web hosting websites during this period. Finally, I stopped with Hostgator. Honestly, I love their services, uptime and tech support. Below, I have listed more hosting websites that best to start a blog:
And there are many more I discussed in my other article here.
I hope, I have covered all the information regarding web hosting. Am I? Do share your opinion and suggestions right in the comment box below.