GeneratePress Free vs Premium [The Ultimate Comparison]
GeneratePress is a freemium theme which got 800+ 5-stars and wins 50000+ customer’s heart.
You may know that GeneratePress has two versions, free and paid. As a startup, you can start with its a free version. And if you like it features (obviously you will), you can buy its lifetime premium version at a 10% discount using our coupon code.
But if you are not sure, buying the pro version will definitely value your money then you are not alone. I have written this transparent comparison article about GeneratePress free vs premium features, pricing, renewal fees along with coupon code. So you can make the right decision.
Let’s get started.
GeneratePress theme – A quick overview
As per WordPress.org details, GeneratePress has 2,112,763 downloads and 200,000+ active installs. It has managed to build 800+ 5-star ratings & 825 honest reviews.
GeneratePress is a multipurpose FREEMIUM WordPress theme which you can install & use on any niche website. The core (free) version of GeneratePress is available free to use lifetime.
However GeneratePress Pro is a WordPress plugin call GP Premium, which adds additional functionality inside theme to make customization easier.
GeneratePress Free vs Premium Version [Comparison 2019]
GeneratePress Free Version
When you install & activate GeneratePress free theme, you get a lot of pro features at ZERO GeneratePress pricing for a lifetime. Ultimately it’s demo/child theme that allows you to avail all features included in this version.
On a first glance, GeneratePress looks like a very simple child theme but attractive compared to other those fancy conducted themes available in WordPress theme library.
GeneratePress free version allows you to play around header layouts, font customization, typography, widgets etc. Here are the main features of the free version.
1) Mobile-Friendly: The entire theme is built with mobile responsiveness. No matter any user which device using, this child theme will fit each and every device with a penny issue.
2) 14 Pro Modules: There is a list of 14 pro modules also known as, “Site Library” enables you to leverage the functionality of the theme.
3) Typography & Font Editing: Typography is functionality that allows customizing font family and font size of any aspect of the theme. With GeneratePress free version, you will be able to edit blog & heading sections of your site.
4) 1-click Reset Option: If you ever want to return your site to default settings, this 1 click reset option will do in seconds.
5) Custom CSS: If you have even a little knowledge about HTML & CSS editing while using GeneratePress free version, you can design any part of the theme using CSS codes.
I’m not sure what else to say about the free version Of GeneratePress other than it is indeed clean and lightweight theme. You will notice your website loading time drop instantly when you install GeneratePress even without any speed optimization plugin.
- You can install and use it for a lifetime at ZERO pricing
- There are pretty cool features such as typography, font editing, pre-build showcase (library) available to activate on your site
- SEO & mobile friendly theme
- Light-weighted and clean that loads site fast
- No support from GeneratePress developer
- Need CSS knowledge to design various parts of the theme
- No import/export functionality
- No option to remove powered by GeneratePress
GeneratePress Premium Version
The pro version of the GeneratePress is actually a plugin call GP Premium. Once you install and activate the plugin using a licence key, all the additional features (including free features) and add-ons will be activated instantly.
GP premium makes customizing a lot easier. With the help of this plugin you to play with any part of the theme without touching the coding section.
1) Site Library: You can import any out of 33 premium demo sites (GeneratePress spacious and marketer are the most used theme) in 3 clicks on your next site.
2) Colors: 60 color options to manage any area of your site whether it’s a link, heading or paragraph.
3) Page Header: This function adds a transparent header or a custom logo image in full screen and parallax format on site.
4) Blog: Beautifully display blog posts into grid, column and masonry style and give an attractive look to your site.
5) Backgrounds: Add/remove background images and style them with various types of parallax effects.
6) Spacing: Enables to maintain proper space and margins gap between site elements such as widgets, content, sidebar, menu items, header, footer etc.
7) Mega Menu Plus: A functionality enables the feature to slide-out menu sections and fades or no transition the menu logo.
8) Typography: 70+ typography options, font awesome and Google fonts, available to make your blog body, headings, links, widgets, footer excellent within clicks.
9) Secondary Nav: This is yet another useful navigation feature like primary navigation to add extra mega menu links on the site.
10) Copyright: Section available to remove Powered By GeneratePress copyright message at the bottom area of your site.
11) WooCommerce: The Woocommerce module for GeneratePress allows you to style and customize your WooCommerce site visual aspects.
12) Sections: In case you want to create post/page into section this feature do it. To access it, hit the button, “Use Section” appearing right side of the editor.
13) Elements: This is a collection of 14 elements of GeneratePress premium theme. Which allows activating/deactivating any part the site such as navigation, menu, footer, background, site library etc.
14) Hooks: This is another in GeneratePress premium version, With the help of this feature you can add PHP code to display the widget on the area of your website (for example the affiliate disclosure displaying on Webhostingintro below the logo is a function of a hook.
15) Import/Export: If you ever want to create a copy of GeneratePress settings from one to another WordPress site, it’s import/export function will do it in seconds.
Take a look at their official quick 3-minute video to know how do these features work.
As you can see GeneratePress (GP Premium) have fulfilled with mind-blowing features.Here are some amazing examples of WordPress sites made with GeneratePress. So, if you want to access all premium functionalities then you need to purchase the GeneratePress pro and install the GP Premium plugin. This plugin will unlock the additional add-ons and modules.
Additional useful facts that make GeneratePress Premium more profitable
16) Documentation: GeneratePress premium made easier to customize WordPress site even for beginners with Documentation page. This resource will you to add/delete/customize your GeneratePress theme as per your needs.
I made a lot of customization on Webhostingintro using documentation instructions. There are very simple guides and sometimes video tutorial included to make editing easier for customers.
17) Support: GeneratePress is own freemium helping hand community. With GeneratePress free version, you can access their WordPress based support page, and if you are bought GeneratePress premium, their private support available to help you 24/7 days.
- GeneratePress premium itself a page builder, which means you no need extra page builders such as Elementor or BeaverBuilder.
- You will get access to all GeneratePress Premium modules (even new modules add in future) and Site Library.
- With a premium subscription, you can use GP Premium on unlimited websites whether it’s your own or clients.
- Flat 40% discount on every renewal to receive updates and priority support in their forums (Note: Even you don’t renew the subscription, you will still gain access to your account).
- Unlimited access to GeneratePress Documentation for understanding more features and functions.
- In case, you don’t like GeneratePress premium (probably that wouldn’t happen), they have 30 days money back guarantee with no questions asked.
- Once you buy GeneratePress, you can join their affiliate program to start promoting it and earn 35% commission on every sale you refer.
—> Got more questions? Visit to GeneratePress FAQ Page.
- I have found nothing bad yet.
GenratePress Pricing & Renewal Cost
The GeneratePress pricing (GP Premium) is only $49.95 (excluding 10% discount) with access to all Premium Modules, & Site Library, unlimited websites usage, 1 year of updates & support, 40% renewal discount, 30-day money-back guarantee.
For more details, read my complete guide on GeneratePress pricing table.
GeneratePress Coupon Code 2019: Flat 10% Discount
After reading above GeneratePress free vs premium theme comparison, if you are willing to purchase GP Premium plugin, then the good news for you is that Webhostingintro readers can redeem 10% off on regular pricing new sign up. Let’s dive into:
Step 1: Click on this special link to activate GeneratePress coupon code.
Step 2: Click on Premium >> Get it Now >> Add To Cart options. You will see 10PERCENT coupon added into your cart.
Step 3: Enter your account details and make purchase done.
Congratulations, you have redeemed GeneratePress promo code successfully.
How to Download, Install and Activate GP Premium for a lifetime?
Step 1: Login to your GeneratePress account and click on Account >> Downloads.
Step 2: Here you will see a button to download GP Premium (a plugin), click on it to save it into your computer storage. (Note: Don’t forget to copy the License Key from your account as shown in the below screenshot).
Step 3: Now login to your WordPress Dashboard & go to Plugins >> Add New >> Upload Plugin to upload, install & activate the plugin you download in the 2nd step.
Step 4: After installing and activating the plugin the GP Premium, tap on Appearance >> GeneratePress >> Updates and paste the License Key to activate plugin features.
Conclusion – GeneratePress free vs premium
Obviously, GeneratePress is wonderful creation but, I think for every blogging niche, it is not a perfect WordPress theme such as job, fashion related sites.
Perhaps, for common niche blogs, GeneratePress is the perfect foundation you can go with. Because its Site Library demos give you the flexibility to turn your WordPress blog into a fresh and attractive look at an affordable cost.
Finally, I hope, your confusion about GeneratePress free vs premium theme is totally cleared. Do let me know me to know if I still miss anything, you want to know. I will try my best answer you.