Do you want to know how to start a WordPress blog on Bluehost hosting?
Congratulations, you have already chosen the world’s #1 web hosting service to create a WordPress blog in 2021.
Well, to use WordPress and Bluehost together all you need to sign up on for web hosting (this is WP Blogging 101 exclusive link to claim up to 60% instant discount on first time purchase).
Starting a blog was one of the best decisions I ever made in my entire life. All I say, blogging has changed my life entirely, especially after I discovered affiliate marketing strategy to make money online.
Now it has been almost five years gone being a professional blogger in India. And I believe this makes sense; you should follow me while creating your WordPress blog with Bluehost hosting.
So are you really to create a blog? Let’s dive in…!
How to start a WordPress blog on Bluehost in 2021?
As said before, I had started blogging in February 2016 with a small number of bucks on WordPress from scratch.
Yes, I made many mistakes in the early days of my blogging career and learned from it. Finally, hard work rewards me a successful website. Then I left my 9 to 5 job and started living a happy life with my online business.
Sounds nice, ha…?
Blogging changed my life completely. Now, I can work from home, and I can travel whenever I want, I have a flexible schedule and more.
It has helped me to connect with different people all over the world to share my thoughts through blogging and what I’ve learned with millions of people in the past ten years, the day first, I started using the Internet.
When I had started blogging, I knew less than nothing about blogging. It was only a week before I’d learned what a blog was. Unfortunately, there was no one to teach me how and where to do start from, which web hosting is excellent, which not.
I learned everything by searching on Google then settled up my WordPress blog from scratch, explore it with essential blogging tools like the theme (GeneratePress) & page builder (Thrive Architect), and turned it into a cash machine.
Now I receive over 50K+ unique visitors per month, which makes me consider myself someone you could listen to and learn from when it comes to learning how to start a WordPress blog on Bluehost hosting from scratch.
Before I show you how to create a Bluehost blog, let me tell you this guide will be a bit long but too simple, informative, and easy to understand.
No matter you are living in India, United States, United Kingdom, or anywhere in the world. This guide will cover everything before starting a WordPress website from scratch.
So let’s get started…!
The very first step of leaning on how to create a website with Bluehost on WordPress is to know the benefits of becoming a blogger in 2021. So let’s see…!
Advantages of becoming a blogger
Anyone can make money with a blog, as I did. I get the money back that I had paid for web hosting. And I am 101 percent sure you can do too.
Here, I want to talk about why you should build a website/blog nowadays. As I expected, blogging is something that everyone should try once in life.
Let’s explore its features:
- Blogging is the best way to share your knowledge and opinions online.
- You may hear a saying is, “Knowledge is Money“. There are millions of bloggers (especially in India & United States) who earn thousands of dollars from their blog, and you can too.
- It helps to increase knowledge and turns you into a better writer.
- A blog can be utilized as a platform to showcase your knowledge and expertise.
- The wealthiest people in the world build networks because everyone else looks for work, and starting a blog is a guaranteed way to expand your network.
What things required for starting a WordPress blog in 2021?
This is the most common question asked many times on the web. In short, to build a profitable blog, you need:
- No technical knowledge
- No computer programming
- Not a huge amount of money
- Not a team
Yes, all the above things not required. Then what do you need actually?
The only three things are required to create a blog on WordPress. Those are YOU, A COMPUTER/LAPTOP, and NORMAL INTERNET CONNECTION.
I know you have already decided to start a WordPress blog on Bluehost hosting. But still, I want to share why Bluehost hosting is the best choice for building a website in 2021.
Ready to know? Let’s go…!
Why should you create a WordPress blog with Bluehost hosting?
Bluehost is one of the top web hosting companies in 2019, and WordPress recommended web host (link). Even I have shared plenty list of WordPress websites using this hosting.
I think that is enough reason to start your own blog with Bluehost starting from the lowest cost $3.95 per month when you end up purchasing a 36-month package.
One more interesting fact is, when you sign up for Bluehost hosting using my link, you will get a .COM domain name for one year absolutely free. Generally, Godaddy, Siteground, and A2 Hosting cost $1.17, $15.95, and $14.95 yearly respectively for this service.
That’s awesome, right?
Apart from this, there are many other reasons for choosing Bluehost hosting to start a WordPress blog from scratch. These are:
- It has 1-click WordPress installation software. It means you no need to be technical to create a WordPress blog with Bluehost.
- It has 24/7 days of technical support to serve you the best services whenever you need it.
- Bluehost is a WordPress recommended web host that makes it reasonable to build a blog with them.
- Their prices are extremely lower as low as $3.95 than other web hosting providers such as Hostgator or Siteground. You will be getting a .com domain (worth $15.95) for free.
- You can cancel your Bluehost account anytime within 30 days from purchase. It takes less than 10 minutes to cancel the account and get a refund.
- You will be getting a free marketing budget up to 200$ absolutely free of cost.
- Flat 60% off for WP Blogging 101 readers. It means you can get started at only $3.95/monthly.
There are many web hosts out there, but Bluehost considered to be on the 1st position in the top web hosting companies such as Hostgator, Siteground, Dreamhost.
That is the main reason why most of the top bloggers and webmasters recommend Bluehost for web hosting needs. See the below Google trends report to this hosting is searched most of the time than other recommended companies.
All I want to say, if you are going to start a WordPress blog on Bluehost, then it will be going your smartest decision to achieve blogging success in the first attempt.
10 steps to create a WordPress blog with Bluehost
To make this article fully informative, I have covered ten essential steps that you need to follow to start a WordPress blog on Bluehost in 2021.
Don’t worry; there’s very little technical ability needed here, but no coding required.
So, If you follow these steps, respectively, I bet you’ll have your WordPress blog set up in the next 30 minutes or less.
Step 1: Select a blogging niche
The first thing you need to find a NICHE/TOPIC, that’s about you are going to write content on your blog.
There are over thousands, even 100 thousand topics out there about can start writing. Also, you might have a million ideas bouncing around your head.
But to create a blog around the topic in which you are passionate about, will be the smartest decision.
Remember, there are hundreds of NO MONEY topics such as:
- APK Files
- Free SMS
- Free wallpaper
- Hacking tips
- Free movie downloads
- Event blogging script
These niches are less competitive with massive monthly searches. However, even you will get millions of visits each month there is not much money you are going to earn from it.
So, if you own skill, then you can choose that for your blogging niche. But if you are a beginner and not getting a niche idea for blogging, then I would like to suggest you start with most of the bloggers doing.
- Affiliate marketing
- How to guides
- Health and fitness
- Movie reviews
Once you are decided, your blogging niche. Next step to get an idea for a domain name. Let’s move further.
Step 2: Get a domain name idea
A domain name is the address of a website like wpblogging101.com is my domain name.
As a beginner, getting a kick-ass domain idea in your mind is not an easy job, but remember not hard too.
To get a perfect name, you need to pressure your head to find a crazy name that will be relevant to your blogging niche and express your vision behind the website.
To make your work easier, I am sharing a few tips to help you find a fantastic domain name idea.
- Decide a short name
- Go for TLD domain extension, such as .COM
- Add at least one keyword
- Make it rememberable
- Choose an easy to type name
- Avoid number & hyphens
I can understand, even the above tips are not much beneficial for a beginner, but believe me, finding a niche based domain name become super easy when we apply some tricks.
Being a blogger since 2016, I across thousands of domain names on the Internet. Sometimes I noticed there are extraordinary stunning domains. It gives me an idea, how to get a crazy idea to build a perfect domain name.
Here, I am sharing some neat tricks to name your first WordPress blog.
- Use a Fire Word + Niche Keyword: Eventbloggingscript.com (Event + Blogging +Script)
- Misspelling your Niche + Fire Word: Wpblogging101.com (WP + Blogging +101)
- Your full name: Harpreetkumar.com (Harpreet + Kumar)
Note: Remember turning your domain name into a brand takes time to be famous like wpblogging101.com as it requires a lot of time, hard work, passion, and efforts. On the other side, keyword domains such as eventbloggingscript.com don’t need too much work (depending on niche competition).
Step 3: Get domain + hosting from Bluehost
One of the best parts of Bluehost hosting is, you will be getting free .Com domain (cost $12) on any tenure. Let’s go…
1) First of all, hit this magic link to visit Bluehost website and click on the green button saying “Get Started Now“. Coupon code added into the link.
2) Now you will see on the page where Bluehost web hosting packages will display. Here, you have to choose hosting plan among the “Basic”, “Plus”, “Choice Plus” or “Pro” plan. (see image below).
- Basic plan allows you to host a single website on its server, which includes one free .COM domain, 25 subdomains, 50GB storage, 5 email accounts, 100MB email storage, free SSL, Bluehost Starter Plan starting at $2.95/mo, and on renewal time, you’ll have to pay $7.99/mo.
- Plus hosting plan allows you to host unlimited websites. It’s pricing starts from $4.95/mo and renewal time you will be charged $10.99 per month. Plus, the program offers free .COM domain, SSL certificates, unmetered bandwidth, unlimited email accounts, unlimited subdomains, and $200 marketing offer.
- Choice Plus plan has almost similar features to the Plus plan. All you will get Access To Website Analytics as additional features. It charges the same amount as Plus plan, but you will be paying approx $4 monthly on renewal time.
- Pro plan has the same features available in Plus plan + domain privacy, site backup at price of $5.45/mo, and renewal time you’ll have to pay $14.99/mo.
My Suggestion: I suggest you go with the “Plus” plan as it allows you to create unlimited numbers of websites on it.
3) The next step is to add the domain name you want to register in the left box saying “New Domain“
Note: If you have a domain already registered to add it, the right side box saying “I Have A Domain Name“.
4) On the final page, you have to follow 5 steps “Account Information, Package Information, Package Extras, Payment Information & Submit” to finish signing up with Bluehost.
Account Information: Fill your basic information like your name, address, email, city, street, country, phone number etc.
Package Information: Select your Bluehost hosting plan tenure (Again, I suggest you buy or 24 or 36 months package to maximize discount on your hosting bill).
Package Extras: Officially, Bluehost add features like “Code Guard“, “Site Lock“, “SEO Tools” and “Office 360 Email Essentials“. To start a WordPress blog on Bluehost, you don’t really need these add-ons. So, untick all. (However, you can keep marketed “Domain Privacy Protection” to hide your personal information from WHOIS domain name records).
Payment Information: Enter your “Credit Card Number“, “Expiry Date” and “CVV Code” to make payment. (Either you can click on “More Payment Option” link to pay your hosting bill through PayPal gateway).
Submit: Once you are done with the above four steps, accept the “Term & Conditions” and click on “Submit Button” for “Checkout“.
It will take a few seconds to complete the payment and activate your hosting account (Bluehost system will email you “Account Billing Information” and “cPanel Login Credentials“).
Congratulations, you have successfully purchased web hosting. Now it’s time to start installing WordPress on Bluehost hosting.
I know you were waiting for this step. So, let’s proceed further.
Step 4: Install WordPress on Bluehost hosting
Now the question comes, “how to install WordPress on Bluehost hosting?“. Well, Bluehost has wholly revamped its web-hosting and made it WordPress oriented.
These days, there are two different ways to install WordPress on Bluehost hosting. I am mentioning both methods and their choice which one suits you.
Installing WordPress on Bluehost with Marketplace (Legacy)
- Log in to your Bluehost cPanel account.
- Find the website section and then select Install WordPress.
- Click the Install button to start installing the application.
- Choose a domain name to install it to. In the field next to the domain and keep subfolder empty.
- Set up your username and password for the new WordPress installation by clicking on the Advanced Options.
- Accept Terms and Licence Agreements.
- Tap on the Install button.
It will take a few seconds to complete the installation.
Installing WordPress on Bluehost hosting with My Sites (Bluerock)
- Log in to your Bluehost hosting account.
- Open the My Sites tab from the left side menu options.
- Now, click on the Create Site button.
- Enter your Site Name and Site Tagline.
- Click the Next button.
- Select the preferred domain name from the drop-down list.
- Choose the directory this should be installed to, and click Next.
After clicking on the Next button, the application will be installed on Bluehost hosting. Once the WordPress installed, its time to move for the 5th step.
Step 5: Delete dummy content
After installing WordPress blog on Bluehost hosting, your next step to remove dummy content from your WordPress site such as post, page, plugins, comments, themes etc.
As these are the part of default WordPress installation and we no need such things to keep on our blog.
To delete post, click on Posts >> All Posts >> Select Post >> Move To Trash >> Apply. See example below:
To delete page, click on Pages >> All Pages >> Select Page >> Move To Trash >> Apply. See example below:
To delete plugin first, you have to deactivate them all. To do so click on Plugins >> Installed Plugins >> Select All Plugins >> Deactivate >> Apply. See the example below
Now repeat the same process by selecting the “Delete” option.
Step 6: Install a professional theme
There are thousands of pre-made WordPress theme out there. Some of them are free, while others are paid. On WP Blogging 101, I use GeneratesPress Premium theme, which I bought from generatepress.com.
GeneratePress is a FREEMIUM WordPress theme, which means it has free and premium two versions.
To be honest, if you are a starter, GeneratePress free version is the perfect choice for you, and later, you can upgrade GeneratePress Premium using this coupon code to add more features.
To be honest, if you are a starter, GeneratePress free version is the perfect choice for you, and later, you can upgrade GeneratePress Premium using this coupon code to add more features.
However, if GeneratePress look doesn’t fit your needs, I have listed some SEO-optimized and mobile-friendly WordPress themes.
- Thrive Themes – Best for building portfolia website
- Elegant Themes – All-in-one WordPress designing solution
- WP Astra – Best choice for affiliate marketers
- OceanWP – Ideal theme for bloggers & webmasters
- BetterStudio – Theme + page builder for tech blogging
Once you find your ideal WordPress theme, upload it to your site by following WordPress Dashboard >> Appearance >> Themes >> Add New button.
After activating the desired theme delete the other pre-added themes by visiting Appearance >> Themes >> Select Theme to delete and hit the Delete button.
In case you have no have a budget, don’t worry; there are 6K+ WordPress themes available in the official wp themes directory, which you can install on your site.
Step 7: Install essential WordPress plugins
Plugins are the tools to make full control of your WordPress blog. There are millions of free and paid plugins available on the internet for every task you need to do on the blog.
Thanks to WordPress plugin developers, a beginner can start with free plugins. Later on, we can upgrade to a premium version according to requirements.
Here, I have listed the essential plugins must installed on if you want to get profitable results after starting a WordPress blog on Bluehost hosting.
Page Builder – Free & Paid
While using a premium WordPress theme, but to create a landing page like WP Blogging 101, you can’t do such modification using even a premium theme.
This time WordPress page builders come in. There are dozens of page builders out there. Some themes, like Elegant Themes, have their own page builder.
But, if you choose GeneratePress, WP Astra, or OceanWP WordPress themes, then buying UAElementor (Ultimate Addons For Elementor) for creating landing pages and Thrive Architect has the best compatibility for building content formats.
W3 Total Cache – Free & Paid
When you are doing online business, your site speed and loading time matters a lot. Though Bluehost promises to provide you best of the best uptime and speed, still, you can need to install and activate W3 Total Caches Plugin.
When you use W3 Total Caches plugin, your website loads faster because it increases the website performance, reducing load times via features like content delivery network (CDN) integration.
Rank Math SEO – Free
SEO is a technique; without you, you can’t take a top place on SERPs (Search Engine Page Results). A million thanks to Team Yoast, who created Rank Math SEO plugin for making search engine optimization easy for us.
Previously I used Yoast SEO. Undoubtedly, Yoast SEO has incredible features, but after installing Rank Math, I found this SEO plugin provides dozens of premium features in its free version, such as XML Sitemaps, Title Tags, Indexation Rules, etc.
Social sharing – Free & Paid
Social Warfare and Social Snap are two best social sharing plugins that add beautiful, lightning-fast social share buttons to your website or blog to make sharing your content on social networking sites easier.
Both plugins have free and premium versions with almost the same features. I use Social Snap on WP Blogging 101.
Akismet Anti-spam – Free
Millions of bots leave spam comments on your WordPress blog, and Akismet is the tool to stop it.
It analysis your comments, find the spammers, and contact form submissions against our global database of spam to prevent your site from publishing malicious content.
Wordfence Security – Free
Wordfence Security plugin will enable a protection layer around your website, which secures it from hackers. It has a Web Application Firewall that identifies and blocks malicious traffic.
This security plugin has two versions (free and paid). After starting a WordPress blog on Bluehost, you can secure your website with Wordfence free version. You can upgrade to its premium version, which includes features such as real-time firewall rule and malware signature updates via the Threat Defense Feed.
Smushit – Free
Adding images into every post/page is a positive side of SEO. Technically, most of the images with big sizes can increase load time on your site. This thing can hurt your rankings.
This time Smushit Image Compression plugin comes in. After activating, it will resize, optimize, optimize, and compress all of your images no matter what media library you are using.
Smush-it is 100% free WordPress image smasher, created by the super team at WPMU DEV (famous WordPress plugin developers).
This plugin will cloak your ugly affiliate links to an attractive look. See different between “Non-Cloaked” and “Cloaked” affiliate link:
- Non-Cloaked Link – https://www.bluehost.com/track/hkharpreetkumar/
- Cloaked Link – https://wpblogging101.com/go/bluehost/
Note: If you are a tech blogger (where you don’t promote affiliate products), then you don’t need Thirsty Affiliates plugin.
Step 8: Important settings to do
Before start writing content there are few essential settings you need to do:
- Permalink Setup: By default, WordPress comes with SEO friendly permalink structure. So, to make it search engine friendly navigate to Settings >> Permalinks and set the “Post Name”.
- Disable Pingbacks & Trackbacks: To rid of annoying notifications on new articles. Go to WordPress Dashboard >> Settings >> Discussion >> Untick Allow link notifications from other blogs (pingbacks and trackbacks) on new articles option.
- Timezone: Setup your time zone by Navigate to Settings >> General >> Select Timezone according to your country time.
- Pinging Services: Update WordPress ping list by visiting General >> Writing >> Update Services.
- Setup Www/non-www: Www and Non-www are two types of site address. You can set any you like to display to your readers. Navigate to Settings >> General Settings >> WordPress Address & Site Address and set it the way you want.
Step 9: Create must-have pages
When someone visits a website and like then, he/she may want to know more about the man behind that particular site.
Note: I have linked the above list to my pages. It will help you to understand how you can create a professional-looking page on your new WordPress blog.
To add a page on your WordPress site, navigate to Pages >> Add New and start writing.
Above are the essential pages to approve a Google Adsense account. However, there is more page like deals, blog, services etc. you may require later as per your needs.
Step 10: Start writing your first blog post
You have almost done learning how to start a WordPress blog on Bluehost hosting. Now it’s time to start writing your first post.
To write post go to Posts >> Add New and WordPress post editor will show on your computer screen like the image below:
In the above image, you can see the box to enter the post title and the rest of the bigger box in for writing content.
When you are writing your 1st post, I would like to suggest you write it about yourself. Here, I am sharing some tips to write a meaningful article. But before we proceed, write your 1st post about yourself like who you are, what’s your aim behind blogging etc.
- Write a catchy post title that attracts users
- Keep URL short including focus keyword
- Add images (with alt tag) and media to your articles
- Write a minimum of 6000 words (Rank Math suggestion) article to get maximum positive response from search engines
- Add category and tags to your post
- Always use a featured image
- Once you finish writing your essay, hit the “Publish” button to publicly visible on your WordPress site.
Recommended blogging tools: Free & paid
You know blogging tools can make your success in blogging so fast and productive. Here I have shared some of the useful tools that I use on WP Blogging 101.
Some tools are free, and others are paid, which worth your money spent on it. So, grab all the tools to make your blogging successful in 1st attempt.
Grammarly – Grammar fixer
While writing lengthy articles in English language, everyone makes silly mistakes. Honestly, without Grammarly tool, I am not able to write even 1000 words in a correct format.
Grammarly is my favorite tool to improve my content quality. It finds & high-light errors like a wrong verb, misspelling etc. and gives you correct suggestions to fix it— all most all bloggers (even pro bloggers) using this writing tool.
This tool is available free of cost at grammarly.com, and it has a browser extension too. Perhaps you can upgrade to a premium version to gain more features.
Semrush – Keyword research tool
Semrush (activate free trial) is one of my most lovable tools to find profitable keywords for my blog posts.
As a newbie, you may be unaware of keyword research importance in blogging, but believe me, with right keyword research, there are no chances to rank in SERPs (Search Engine Page Results).
From the last long years, I found Semrush has many useful features that make it easy to find what keywords you and your’s competitors site ranking for.
In short, it will show metrics like search volume, keyword difficulty, competitive density, SERP features, cost-per-click data that help you to analyze your site better to gain maximum traffic of search engines.
Aweber – Email marketing software
Do you know emails can skyrocket your conversion rates up to 45%? Then why you shouldn’t try to collect emails from day 1st in blogging?
This time AWeber, an email marketing tool, comes to play its role to turn your readers into subscribers then to customers. It allows 100,000+ small businesses and entrepreneurs to create and send unlimited emails.
WP Blogging 101 readers can get 30 days free trial on Aweber tool (Limited time offer).
Canva – Best image designer
All images you see on WP Blogging 101 blog are designed with Canva tool. It has a drag-and-drop feature and professional layouts to create consistently stunning graphics.
Canva is a Freemium (free +premium) photo designer online website (tool) for webmasters, bloggers, and photographers. You will find everything you need to design amazing designs such as millions of images, photo filters, hundreds of fonts, icons and shapes etc.
DMCA – Content protector
The Internet is full of thieves who can steal your worthy and unique content and publish on their websites.
To be sure, you have Sign Up to DMCA protection. It is an online tool that keeps an eye on your content and emails you if someone copies and publishes it on their websites.
To start with DMCA, you need to register (it’s free) and put a DMCA badge on your blog.
Final thoughts on how to create a WordPress blog with Bluehost hosting 2021
I hope now; you have learned it how to start a WordPress blog with Bluehost hosting. Even, I think you have built your website already by following the above guide step by step. Right?
If you have any problem or question following this tutorial, feel free to ask via the comment section below.